Darlings!
  • Amalah

  • April

  • Celebrity Smack

  • Dad Gone Mad

  • Decor8

  • Dina

  • Dress a Day

  • Etsy

  • HELLOmynameisHeather

  • Hollow Legs Designs

  • Jenny

  • Little Birds

  • Mamarazzi

  • Manda

  • My Sewing Blog

  • Perez Hilton

  • Pink is the new Blog

  • Random Muse

  • RockStar Mommy

  • Rude Cactus

  • Sleeping Mommy

  • So the Fish Said

  • Stacy

  • Threadbared

  • Underpaid Kept Woman

  • Warcrygirl

  • Zoot
  • Shopping List
  • Harmonie Interieure

  • Le Souk

  • Serendipity

  • Trashties

  • Marilyn Wines

  • Sephora (makeup, people, makeup!)

  • Etsy

  • Buttons
  • Sell Out
    Disclosure!
  • All Mine!
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


  • DISCLOSURE NOTICE
  • Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    12/28/2007
    Unexpected signs my child is growing
    I'm not talking about the obvious, like how half the time when I carry her I end up tripping over her long legs (they come to my knee's, MY KNEE'S when she is on my hip!) No I am talking about the random that makes me look at my child like I've never seen her before. I had one of those this morning.

    We were negotiating breakfast as usual;

    Me: Eggs?
    Gabby: Uhhh Sure. I like eggs today.
    Me: Scrambled?
    Gabby: Yep.
    Me: With Cheese?
    Gabby: Ooooh I like cheese.
    Me: Potatoes? Ham?
    Gabby: *looks at me like I'm a freak* Ewww Nuh-oh (yes she said no like it had two syllables, and she was well into the horrid teen stage.)
    Me: You know what I'm going to make you special eggs. *otherwise known as an omelet*
    Gabby: You know how many eggs I want?
    Me: This is not up for debate.
    Gabby: Four
    Me: Child.
    Gabby: Come on give me options! 2 4 5 10, I choose 4
    Me: *giving Gabby a strange look and laughing* This is still not up for debate. It will be a surprise.

    My child did not say give me some choices. No, she said give me options. Options! Where did she pick that up?

    And how is it my baby still calls pancakes pan-a-cakes but can correctly use the word option?
    (I secretly believe that the pan-a-cake thing is 100% for me and me alone. She was calling them pancakes for a bit but I mentioned that I missed the pan-a-cake thing and lo an behold it was back. I love my child.)
    posted by Tc @ 4:51 PM  
    1 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tc
    Home: DFW, Texas, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    !
  • Flickr
      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ♥One Perfect Something♥. Make your own badge here.
    Home Video
    I Spy
    Locations of visitors to this page

    Add to Technorati Favorites View blog authority
    Previous Post
    Archives