Darlings!
  • Amalah

  • April

  • Celebrity Smack

  • Dad Gone Mad

  • Decor8

  • Dina

  • Dress a Day

  • Etsy

  • HELLOmynameisHeather

  • Hollow Legs Designs

  • Jenny

  • Little Birds

  • Mamarazzi

  • Manda

  • My Sewing Blog

  • Perez Hilton

  • Pink is the new Blog

  • Random Muse

  • RockStar Mommy

  • Rude Cactus

  • Sleeping Mommy

  • So the Fish Said

  • Stacy

  • Threadbared

  • Underpaid Kept Woman

  • Warcrygirl

  • Zoot
  • Shopping List
  • Harmonie Interieure

  • Le Souk

  • Serendipity

  • Trashties

  • Marilyn Wines

  • Sephora (makeup, people, makeup!)

  • Etsy

  • Buttons
  • Sell Out
    Disclosure!
  • All Mine!
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


  • DISCLOSURE NOTICE
  • Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    11/04/2005
    I'm worried. *updated*
    And it's Manda's fault. This post is going to require audience participation.

    I need a show of hands for how many people have NOT read any of the Anne books. Seeing the movies does not count.

    See..... Other than Dragons Milk the Anne Books are my favorite from my not so child childhood. And well while I still like Dragons Milk I LOVE the Anne books. And I just can not fathom a girl having never made Anne's acquaintance. I, I just, don't get it. The language is not difficult. And the imagery is so strong that I keep thinking that I've seen parts of the books in the movies, but they weren't, they were just in my head. See, they are books that are so dear to me that I consider Anne a friend and secretly I'm still waiting for my very own Gilbert Blythe to come save me.

    So be honest. Have you read them? Which is your favorite. Did you feel cheated when you finished Rilla of Ingleside, and yet could not have thought of a better ending? Do you still love the movies but sit there shaking your head going "this just isn't right"?

    Do you have a book(s) that move you as much as these move me?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Did ya'll notice the new Pretend Boyfriend off to the left? Starting next month I'm going to have a Pretend Boyfriend of the Month Poll. So yay we'll have even more audience participation!

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Seriously? I think the only person who has responded that read the books as been Sleeping Mommy. I think that I'm going to write to Santa and let him know that we have some deprived girls. Poor Gabby will not be receiving Mommy's copies of the Anne books since, well most of them are held together with tape. But she at least sits still for a moment if I start reading the book out loud to her. (There is hope the TV will not win my child)

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Dina I'm so happy for you and Katy!! I failed to ask, what did she think of the bananas she was eating?

    posted by Tc @ 8:54 AM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 11/4/05, 10:47 AM, Blogger Dina said…

      I have never read the Anne books. Maybe you should start a book club. Bring out the Oprah in all of us =P

       
    • At 11/4/05, 11:51 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

      That's a REALLY good idea Dina. Maybe each one of us can pick out a book for all of us to read and to talk about each month. If we're really going to do this. I vote that you pick the first book Dina..because you thought of this first. Yay! I'm excited if we really do this!!

       
    • At 11/4/05, 12:47 PM, Blogger Manda said…

      ha!! it's not my fault! i'm not the only one who hasn't read them!! :P

       
    • At 11/4/05, 1:26 PM, Blogger Sleeping Mommy said…

      I've read every single one of them and there were parts I was disappointed that she didn't pursue further in Anne and Gilberts life together. Sigh...

      Gilbert. Sigh....

      Yes, I love the Anne of Green Gables books. I have all of them waiting for my daughter when she is old enough to appreciate them right along with Little House and Little Women.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tc
    Home: DFW, Texas, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    !
  • Flickr
      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ♥One Perfect Something♥. Make your own badge here.
    Home Video
    I Spy
    Locations of visitors to this page

    Add to Technorati Favorites View blog authority
    Previous Post
    Archives