Darlings!
  • Amalah

  • April

  • Celebrity Smack

  • Dad Gone Mad

  • Decor8

  • Dina

  • Dress a Day

  • Etsy

  • HELLOmynameisHeather

  • Hollow Legs Designs

  • Jenny

  • Little Birds

  • Mamarazzi

  • Manda

  • My Sewing Blog

  • Perez Hilton

  • Pink is the new Blog

  • Random Muse

  • RockStar Mommy

  • Rude Cactus

  • Sleeping Mommy

  • So the Fish Said

  • Stacy

  • Threadbared

  • Underpaid Kept Woman

  • Warcrygirl

  • Zoot
  • Shopping List
  • Harmonie Interieure

  • Le Souk

  • Serendipity

  • Trashties

  • Marilyn Wines

  • Sephora (makeup, people, makeup!)

  • Etsy

  • Buttons
  • Sell Out
    Disclosure!
  • All Mine!
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


  • DISCLOSURE NOTICE
  • Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    10/04/2006
    And So I Declare War on You
    You evil money grubbing bitch of a "school".

    I was wrong to withdraw Gabby from her old school. I admit it. My nose is raw from the rubbing I gave it. But in my defense, things weren't happy when we left. New owners (again) bad behavior from Gabby learned from her teacher. We were moving ahhhh the stress!!!

    I think I should start from the beginning, but I'll just give you the cliff notes on speed.

    When do we get to meet her teacher?

    School hasn't started, she has not been assigned a class.

    When do we get to meet her teacher?

    At open house.

    Hi your her teacher? What can you tell us.

    *not much in English*

    You BOTH need to come for a parent teacher conference at noon.

    Noon, oh hell no, 1 car + 2 jobs = no noon.

    What about after work, when can you come?

    We get here about 6.

    Oh no that won't work her teacher leaves at 2. Morning?

    Morning is fine, how early?

    8

    k

    So what's up?


    Gabby is bad. Doesn't listen, distracts other kids.

    Oh and does she do any thing good?

    No (I swear to GOD that is what the damned teacher said)(this is the first time I called her old school to see what I need.)

    By the way her name is Gabrielle or Gabby, not Gabirel, Gaby, Gabi or Gabbi. (took 2 notes to get that across.)

    You can't pay weekly.

    WTF? I talked to your husband about our situation, do to the way we are paid and that we split the cost we need to pay weekly. He said that was fine. Just write all the checks out the first of the month.

    Oh I'm sorry my husband is wrong. Can you pay bi-weekly?

    No, were you listening? How much notice do you require?

    Ack, I would hate to lose Gabby when she's starting to do better, weekly is fine.

    And now the piece de la resistance

    Alex: Oh and the owner told me we have not been paying for her lunch for the last two months.

    Me: Poof. I died, I think an atomic bomb went off where my head was. WHAT!!!

    Alex: Yep.

    Oh hell no! I pick up the phone to call Aunt Debbie but she called first. (creepy no?) She said she would be willing to watch Gabby for about 2 weeks so we can save up to re-enroll her in her old school. After that call I searched for the pricing list to make sure I was correct and, what do you know I am. Here I'll show you.

    Full Time student 3-6yrs Monthly no lunch 660 with lunch 710

    710 x 12(months) = 8520 yr 85200 / 52(weeks) = 163.85

    We pay $165 a week.

    I called Megan's mom to ask about the school and you know what, Megan came home talking about mammals and spines. The school kicks ass now.

    She. is. so. going. back!!!!!!!

    I e-mailed the current school's owner with the above math and my concern, I am currently just waiting to find out how long of a notice I need to give so I can write it up today.

    I called her old school and they are willing to work with us. I explained why we need to pay weekly and she said that is fine. She is supposed to fax me the application. I can't wait.

    Gabby and Megan will be reunited. It will be good. They have known each other since they were about 1.
    posted by Tc @ 9:23 AM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 10/4/06, 12:42 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

      Teresa,
      I really don't know how you did not slap that woman. Uggh, I was getting frustrated even just reading what happened! I'm glad you figured everything out and hope that everything works out the way you need it too. Give Gabby a big hug from me!

      Oh, and I wanted to ask. Was she like a "home care" person or was this lady actually working at a school. Just wondering.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tc
    Home: DFW, Texas, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    !
  • Flickr
      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ♥One Perfect Something♥. Make your own badge here.
    Home Video
    I Spy
    Locations of visitors to this page

    Add to Technorati Favorites View blog authority
    Previous Post
    Archives