Darlings!
  • Amalah

  • April

  • Celebrity Smack

  • Dad Gone Mad

  • Decor8

  • Dina

  • Dress a Day

  • Etsy

  • HELLOmynameisHeather

  • Hollow Legs Designs

  • Jenny

  • Little Birds

  • Mamarazzi

  • Manda

  • My Sewing Blog

  • Perez Hilton

  • Pink is the new Blog

  • Random Muse

  • RockStar Mommy

  • Rude Cactus

  • Sleeping Mommy

  • So the Fish Said

  • Stacy

  • Threadbared

  • Underpaid Kept Woman

  • Warcrygirl

  • Zoot
  • Shopping List
  • Harmonie Interieure

  • Le Souk

  • Serendipity

  • Trashties

  • Marilyn Wines

  • Sephora (makeup, people, makeup!)

  • Etsy

  • Buttons
  • Sell Out
    Disclosure!
  • All Mine!
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


  • DISCLOSURE NOTICE
  • Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    7/25/2007
    Vacation Part 1
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So instead of wearing my fingers out you get a picture post.




    Day 1:


    I had Gabby sleep in her clothes so I wouldn't have to wake her when we left for the airport at 4 in the morning. She stirred a little as I put her shoes on and when I picked her up I whispered lets go on vacation. That did it.
    "Vacation?"
    Yes baby it's time now.
    "Oh! I'm awake Mommy! Wide awake!"


    And she was! And remained so until about an hour before our either 8am or 9am flight. (our original flight got cancelled between the time we left home and got there.) She did real well at the airport and on the plane.


    Early Morning:


    Departure

    The flight and Landing:
    Arrival

    By the time we had landed she'd had it with me.
    Gawd!

    We took a taxi to parking lot F. (trust me it was necessary) And from there headed out of Chicago and in to Wisconsin with a stop at Apple Holler for Lunch.

    Lunch:
    Apple Holler


    Day 2:
    On Friday we went early to the Milwaukee Zoo. It was amazing. We spent just about the whole day there.
    Zoo:
    Zoo
    And since it's nice up there unlike here in Hell Texas, Gabby and I were still able to go outside and play that evening and all the ones after.

    Playtime:
    Outside playing

    Day Three:

    Started with the Greek Fest. OMG that is some good food!

    Greek Fest:
    Greek Fest

    Followed by an unplanned trip to Lake Michigan, which by the way ate Gabby's sunglasses. And was her first time to a real beach.

    Lake Michigan:
    Lake Michigan

    And then we bumped up our schedule by a day and went to Down Town Milwaukee.

    Tourists:
    Down Town

    Day Four:

    Had a bit of a Gilligans Island feel to it. We took a three hour tour of Wisconsin to find New Glarus. A very picturesque Swiss town that happens to make the wine my Mom likes.

    New Glarus:
    New Glarus
    And just so you know the pictures with the cows WAS Gabby's idea! She thought they were great.
    Also what you can't see in this copy of the Swiss Church Billboard is at the bottom is says Si Habla Espanol. I myself found that funny.

    On the ride back to Grandma's I let Gabby get behind the Camera for a bit. The girl is good. Funny about it too!

    Gabby's View:
    Gabby's Art

    And this pretty much concludes Part 1 of the trip.

    Gabby and I are more than ready to move to the much nicer climate! I for one want to move now before she starts school, but it has been pointed out that I need to visit in the Winter to make sure I can deal with it.

    Labels:

    posted by Tc @ 2:01 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tc
    Home: DFW, Texas, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    !
  • Flickr
      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ♥One Perfect Something♥. Make your own badge here.
    Home Video
    I Spy
    Locations of visitors to this page

    Add to Technorati Favorites View blog authority
    Previous Post
    Archives