Darlings!
  • Amalah

  • April

  • Celebrity Smack

  • Dad Gone Mad

  • Decor8

  • Dina

  • Dress a Day

  • Etsy

  • HELLOmynameisHeather

  • Hollow Legs Designs

  • Jenny

  • Little Birds

  • Mamarazzi

  • Manda

  • My Sewing Blog

  • Perez Hilton

  • Pink is the new Blog

  • Random Muse

  • RockStar Mommy

  • Rude Cactus

  • Sleeping Mommy

  • So the Fish Said

  • Stacy

  • Threadbared

  • Underpaid Kept Woman

  • Warcrygirl

  • Zoot
  • Shopping List
  • Harmonie Interieure

  • Le Souk

  • Serendipity

  • Trashties

  • Marilyn Wines

  • Sephora (makeup, people, makeup!)

  • Etsy

  • Buttons
  • Sell Out
    Disclosure!
  • All Mine!
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


  • DISCLOSURE NOTICE
  • Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    1/10/2008
    *yawn* Oh Hi, bet you didn't expect to see me here
    Today is Delurker Day. So join in the fun, delurk for today and leave me a comment. Me love you long time if you do!

    DelurkerDay_200px


    Lets talk about Movies shall we? I just want to discuss two of them with you, ok?

    Last night I had to choose between two movies, Hard Candy or Trainspotting. Since Trainspotting started a little earlier I tried that first. Needless to say once I realized that I couldn't understand a damned thing they were saying I abandoned ship.

    Hard Candy was a very hard movie to watch. There were a great many times I wanted to change the channel but just couldn't bring myself to do it. The movie is about a 14 year old girl who meets a man online that she suspects is a pedophile and wants to teach him a lesson/punish him. But there is a bit more to the movie than that suggests. And there are elements that I don't want to give away because they would ruin the movie.

    Frankly the girl is nuts. Pure and simple. And at times I truly started to feel bad for the pedophile. Isn't that just crazy?

    Honestly I am not the most eloquent person, so just see this movie. It is a hard movie that deals with a hard subject and revolves around 2 characters for the majority of the movie.

    Second I wish to briefly tell you that you HAVE HAVE HAVE to see Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Seriously. I had hoped it was good, but it was better than what I had hoped. My big draw to this movie was Johnny Depp, and *GASP* the fact that it was a Musical, and Mr. Hotness himself was singing. (Unlike his last musical Cry Baby where it was all lip synched.) I went into this movie knowing nothing about Sweeney Todd except that it was a Broadway show and Mr. Todd was a murderer. All I can say is thank goodness Tim Burton went with a cartoonish blood color otherwise it would have been entirely too much.

    Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any other Musicals that might be coming out soon? I can't seem to get enough.
    posted by Tc @ 9:16 AM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 1/10/08, 11:39 AM, Blogger Chris Cactus said…

      Happy Delurking Day!

       
    • At 1/10/08, 3:10 PM, Blogger Dina said…

      Hola!

      Musicals are something few and far between coming out of L.A. They are expensive to make depending on the way they are shot. Buzz wise I haven't heard of any being shot recently but then again no one has really been talking about much other than the writer's strike. So maybe when that all settles down they will have something useful to say.

      *hugs* on this end. It has been flurrying on and off for the last two days and the snow always makes me think of you. ;)

       
    • At 1/11/08, 10:59 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

      I saw the Broadway version of Sweeney Todd and LOVED it. So I was excited to hear that they came out with a movie/musical on it. Unfortunately I don't know when I'll ever have the money to go see it. I'm so sad..lol. Guess I'll have to wait to Netflix it...ugggh. But thanks for the review!!

       
    • At 1/12/08, 4:18 PM, Blogger April Smith said…

      The only other muscial that has come out recently is Hairspray - a little hard to believe but it actually has a good message if you are interested at all. And while there isn't a lot of musicals hitting the motion picture scene lately I'm interesed in seeing The Little Mermaid on Stage. Look what happens when Disney takes over Broadway

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tc
    Home: DFW, Texas, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    !
  • Flickr
      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ♥One Perfect Something♥. Make your own badge here.
    Home Video
    I Spy
    Locations of visitors to this page

    Add to Technorati Favorites View blog authority
    Previous Post
    Archives