Darlings!
  • Amalah

  • April

  • Celebrity Smack

  • Dad Gone Mad

  • Decor8

  • Dina

  • Dress a Day

  • Etsy

  • HELLOmynameisHeather

  • Hollow Legs Designs

  • Jenny

  • Little Birds

  • Mamarazzi

  • Manda

  • My Sewing Blog

  • Perez Hilton

  • Pink is the new Blog

  • Random Muse

  • RockStar Mommy

  • Rude Cactus

  • Sleeping Mommy

  • So the Fish Said

  • Stacy

  • Threadbared

  • Underpaid Kept Woman

  • Warcrygirl

  • Zoot
  • Shopping List
  • Harmonie Interieure

  • Le Souk

  • Serendipity

  • Trashties

  • Marilyn Wines

  • Sephora (makeup, people, makeup!)

  • Etsy

  • Buttons
  • Sell Out
    Disclosure!
  • All Mine!
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.


  • DISCLOSURE NOTICE
  • Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    8/16/2008
    So Much to Catch up on
    First Happy Birthday Grandma!

    ~~~~~

    I am beyond excited about the fact that we are going to be extending our little family. :) Gabby is taking it all in stride. Her first response was that we needed to get a bigger place. You should have seen the look on her face when we explained they would be sharing a room. It was priceless. She has also informed me that she will help with the baby "Just not with the diapers".

    Believe it or not Alex is also pretty happy and excited. I know he is and you would believe me if you could have seen the goofy smile on his face when he figured out what I was hinting at, and before the stress of what it means hit him.

    So far the biggest difference between this child and Gabby is that this one doesn't seem determined to kill me. I have had some close calls but not actual (as of yet) puking morning (all day) sickness. So far I have just gotten really nauseous.

    I have my first appointment Sept. 3rd, when I should be able to pin down the age of the baby and when it is due. But going off the calculators that a great many mommy websites offer we are looking at about a late March baby. And I think my family has dis-owned me for it (too many March birthdays already).

    I know everyone seems to be rooting for a boy and it is way to early to tell but my gut (hahahahaha) feeling is that it will be a girl.

    But just for giggles I want to put the list I have made of possible names for girls and boys out. Feel free to laugh and make fun it's all part of the fun of this. Also understand that this is just the first list it most likely will be changed quite a few times, and ultimately when it gets down to it I will most likely keep the final name to myself until the baby is born again. (you know just in case the one I like the most doesn't seem to fit the child. Gabby had a short list of 3 names and when I saw her I knew it was Gabrielle)

    Girls Names

    Annbalynn - Annbalynn Antoinette Davila
    Anne means Grace
    Lynn means Pretty
    Antoinette means Beyond Price

    Anwen - Anwen Marie Davila
    Anwen means Very Fair
    Marie means Bitter

    Astrid - Astrid ~ Davila
    Astrid means Beautiful like a God

    Ginger - Ginger ~ Davila
    Ginger means Ginger

    Gwendolyn - Gwendolyn ~ Davila
    Gwendolyn means Fair Bow

    Imogene - Imogene Rose Davila (thank you Dina for bringing the name Imogene to my attention I think it is beautiful!)
    Imogene means Image/Innocent
    Rose means Renown

    Moira - Moira ~ Davila
    Moira means Bitter

    Myrna - Myrna ~ Davila
    Myrna means Tender/Beloved

    Olivia - Olivia (Rae)(Skye) Davila
    Olivia means Olive Tree
    Rae means Ewe
    Skye means Island

    Ophelia - Ophelia ~ Davila
    Ophelia means help

    Rilla (Marilla?) - Rilla ~ Davila
    Rilla means Small Brook

    Scarlett - Scarlett ~ Davila
    Scarlett means Scarlet

    Boys Names

    Adaire- Adair ~ Davila
    Adaire means Oak Tree Ford

    Beauregard - Beauregard ~ Davila
    Beauregard means Beautiful Gaze or Easy on the eyes

    Dexter - Dexter ~ Davila
    Dexter means Right handed or Woman Dyer

    Denny - Denny ~ Davila
    Denny means Follower of Dionysius

    Everett - Everett ~ Davila
    Everett means Boar Hardness

    Nicholas - Nicholas Alexander Davila
    Nicholas means People of Victory
    Alexander means Defender of Men

    Rhett - Rhett ~ Davila
    Rhett means Fiery Zealous

    Roland - Roland Dean Davila
    Roland means Renowned Land
    Dean means Valley

    Stephen - Stephen ~ Davila
    Stephen means Crowned

    Vincent - Vincent ~ Davila
    Vincent means Conquering

    I think that is about all I've got right now. I hope all is doing well and for those coming over to see Dina next weekend I look forward to seeing you!!
    posted by Tc @ 10:54 AM  
    5 Comments:
    • At 8/16/08, 5:18 PM, Blogger Manda said…

      I LOVE Anwen Marie. I'm partial to the Marie, though, and I'm sure Dina will be too. ;) I didn't know it meant Bitter. I also like Olivia, but any little girl named Olivia that I've ever met is a supreme BRAT.

      I also like Nicholas Alexander, but you've liked that one for a while, and it sorta ties into the whole Alex/Daddy thing, so that's cute, without having a Junior. :) I like Dexter, Everett, and Vincent too. Not that I have a choice or that it matters, but of the ones you've picked, those are the ones I like. If I ever have need of boy names, I might steal some of yours, if they're not in use. ;) ;)

      Let me know when you know what you're having, cuz I have knitting to do. ;) I'm so excited for you. :)

      Love you, miss you, hugs to you and the fambly :)
      Manda

       
    • At 8/16/08, 5:19 PM, Blogger Manda said…

      BTW... I like Vincent, but Vinny Davila sounds sorta gangster-ish. *g* :)

       
    • At 8/16/08, 7:33 PM, Blogger Dina said…

      Here is what mom and I have decided:

      Girls:

      We adore Annbalynn (but are unsure about Antoinette as a middle name). And then we are totally down with Imogene Rose and Olivia Rae. (I adored Gwendolyn but mom was eh about it)

      Boys:

      Hands down I cannot see anything other than Nicholas Alexander. It is so both of you. Mom said no Dexter unless you want him to get beat up in school :P

      I know I want you to have a boy but honestly I am stoked you are having a kid period. I am so freakin' excited!!!!!!

      Love you bunches. See you Saturday!

       
    • At 8/17/08, 11:34 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

      You've always been very eccentric when it came to names..so I'm just going to breathe and pray..lmao. I know you'll find what fits perfectly. Sorry about yesterday..I found myself RUSHING at the last moment and couldn't call you back. I'll totally make it up to you. I'm going to try my VERY best to be there this weekend. Since it's the weekend before Gavin and I start school..I have no clue if I'll be doing last minute shopping or not. My school hasn't direct deposited my grant yet so I'm basically waiting to buy books, school clothes, and supplies until it happens. Please pray for me. I love you TONS and I'm going to do my very best to be there!!

       
    • At 9/2/08, 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      So I was thinking - how about these:

      Girl: Lauren Amanda Smith

      Boy: Patrick David Andrew Smith

      Surprise!

      Oh by the way can I reborrow "What to expect when you're expecting"

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tc
    Home: DFW, Texas, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    !
  • Flickr
      www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ♥One Perfect Something♥. Make your own badge here.
    Home Video
    I Spy
    Locations of visitors to this page

    Add to Technorati Favorites View blog authority
    Previous Post
    Archives